For a 4th of July party (and, obviously, for my first of 6 months in a row of baking), we made a delicious chocolate cake with peanut butter icing and a chocolate-peanut butter glaze.
Brett got the cake recipe from Bon Appetit (February 2011 issue) and I found the icing/glaze on one of my favorite blogs ever, Smitten Kitchen.

The cake was fun to make, although I think I consumed about a 1/4 cup of icing as I was making it...whoops. In my defense, the icing recipe called for 5 cups of confectioner's sugar, which seemed a little excessive to us - so we wanted to taste test for sweetness as we were making it. We added 3 cups and then tasted it and decided that seemed like enough.
This cake was SERIOUS - very rich, indulgent, and quite yummy, I think! Everyone at the party seemed to love it!
I could eat that for my breakfast right now.
ReplyDeleteSorry that I didn't see this post yesterday. I just followed Joy's link and it took me to your first one.
Your Friend, m.