Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

#54: Try 5 "classic" cocktails I have never tasted (Manhattan)

This past weekend, I had the absolute pleasure of attending the wedding of one of my best friends from college, the wonderful Ryan!  I have so many fond memories of times spent with Ryan over the years.
Serious faces, per usual
I can't think of anyone else who would host a party with me that had the theme "Broadway Musicals" - complete with Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Jell-o shots, Audrey II Dirt Dessert, and guests dressed in costume screaming show tunes at the top of their lungs!
Okay, Mariah Carey hand...get it, get it
We've done karaoke, talked in our sleep, quoted movies over and over again, modeled a jingle thong, bootlegged with the best of them, and owned the Thumper table.  Ryan's one of the most loyal, kind, and amazing people I have ever met - so obviously I was THRILLED when he met someone so perfect for him, in the form of the lovely Lauren!  Ryan and Lauren met via JDate (holler!), the premier Jewish singles community online.
Success!
Ryan & Lauren
It was great reuniting with a bunch of my college friends to celebrate the union of such a great couple.  During the cocktail hour, I took the opportunity to tackle #54 on my list:  to try 5 classic cocktails I have never tasted.  Brett and Jake suggested I try a Manhattan.  I have MADE a few Manhattans in my day, but never actually tasted one.  I followed Jake's cue and ordered mine with a little cherry juice in it - which definitely takes away a bit from the "classic" nature of the drink but, whatever, I do what I want! Overall, I enjoyed my Manhattan and probably wouldn't hesitate to order another should I find myself hankering for some bourbon!


Manhattan!

Surprise Face!

No comments:

Post a Comment